Eye costitution according to AYURVEDA.
five elements, called the mahabhutas, play a role in maintaining & constituting eye health.
1) One governs the muscular part of the eye,
2) another rules the blood vessels,
3) while other mahabhutas govern the colour,
4) the white area and
5) the tear ducts and channels.
some healthy habits for eye-
1) Avoid reading or working in either dim light or in bright sunlight.
2) Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes in bright sunlight, but not to drive or read with, as this will cause strain.
3) One of the biggest enemies of the eyes is lack of sleep
4) Blink your eyes periodically .
5) look away at short intervals to keep from straining the eyes
6) Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
7) Excellent ayurvedic remedy for improving vision is to remove the seeds from one pod of lack cardomom and combine with 1 tablespoon of honey. Chew thoroughly. This strengthens vision if taken every day.
8) Include carrot in your daily food.
9)Try to maintain regular and clean bowel movements. Constipation weakens the eyesight. In addition; too much anxiety, mental stress, grief, anger and worry are harmful for the eyes.
10)Do not wash the eyes or face when the body is sweating,especially after hard physical exercise or after being exposed to heat and sun.
Keep your morning Eye Routine like this to keep eyes healthy-
1)Each morning upon waking , fill your mouth with water and hold for a few seconds with your eyes closed. Spit it out and repeat 2-3 times.
2)Splash your eyes and face with cool or slightly warm
water 10-15 times. Repeat again in the evening.
tratak or steady gazing is an excellent concentration & proper exersice . It involves alternately gazing at an object or point without blinking, then closing your eyes and visualizing the object in your mind's eye. The practice steadies the wandering mind and concentrates the attention, leading you to focus with pinpoint accuracy. Wherever the eyes go, the mind follows, so that when you fix your gaze on a single point, the mind too becomes one pointed.
The Practice of Tratak The technique of tratak remains much the same, whatever the target of you gaze is, though naturally you will have to adapt it slightly when meditating outdoors.
1. Place the object at eye level, three feet (90 cm) away from you.
2. First regulate your breathing, then start to gaze at the object without blinking
.3. Don't stare or gaze vacantly - just look steadily without straining
.4. After about a minute, close your eyes, and keep your inner gaze steady, visualize the object.
5. When the after-image vanishes, open your eyes and repeat.
Ayurvedic treatment for eye
This is a wonderful eye care. While lying on the back, a “dough nut” ring made of specific flours and water is placed around the eye. A herbalized ghee is then poured into the “dough nut” and forms a pool of ghee over the eye.The technique eases and relaxes eye tension and irritation.
It strengthens the eye muscles and produces clarity in vision.