Importance of hand washing.Hand washing is athe ultimate germ fighter.It can prevent colds,food poisoning,& meningitis -all without a prescription. What is the medical womder? simple hand washing!!!!!!
According to experts,washing your hands regularly is the best way to protect yourself from harmful germs & prevent passing them on to others.Unfortunately ,many of us fail to wash our hands often enough or long enough.One should wash his/her hands each time after using restrooms.Wash your hands before,during, & after food prepration; before eating, & after touching animals or changing diaper.You should wash your hands more frequently when someone in your house is ill.What's the best way to wash your hands? Experts say it is time ,rather than temperature or type of soap , that is important.
Some important steps to wash hands
1) Moisten hands under warm& running water.
2) Apply soap.Liquid soap is the best, if the bar soap is used place it on the rack to dry.Wet bar soap is easily contaminated with germs.
3) Rub hands vigorously for 15 to 20 secs, scrubbing between fingers & around fingernails.
4) Rinse throughly under warm & running water & dry well. If you are public facility ,use a paper towel to turn off the faucet so your clean hands don'ttouch dry knob.
5) If you are not near sink ,another alternative is using an alcohol -based wipe or hand sanitizer to sanitize your hands.