Tips to Relieve Constipation
1. Include more fruits in your daily diet such as grapes-lemon-apples-banana-oranges etc.
2. Chew each morsel of food 30-40 times before swallowing
3. Eat fresh vegetables such as all green vegetables, capsicum, potato, tomato.
5. Eating papaya before or after meals is helpful not only in relieving constipation but also helps you look young.
6. Lemon juice squeezed in a cup of hot water with a pinch of salt to be taken early morning –daily
7. Adding 1-2 spoons of castor oil to milk and drinking it daily at bedtime helps to prevent constipation.
8. Avoid eating lot of spices, fried food, frozen food and food/drinks with preservatives.
9. Follow the Yoga for costipation
10.Eat more fibrous food,vegetable & fruits.
11.Do not stay up late in the night. Regulate your sleeping hours. Ayurveda advises to go to bed early and rise early.
12.In the morning after waking up, drink a glass or two of water, preferably warm water, and then wait for a few minutes before going for evacuation as it helps in cleaning the bowels.
13.Massaging the whole body with oil(abhayanga) once or twice a week and applying oil or ghee on the naval every day helps in curing constipation.
14.Avoid beans, legumes, grams, cabbages, mushrooms and such foods which are difficult to digest.
For Constipation in children -
1) Give few drops of Castor oil (Erand tel) + few drops of honey.
2) Do not give any (other) laxicative medicine to kids.
3) Give this remedy before sleeping at night...Half cup hot milk + Half tea spoon of ghee.
If there is severe constipation consult your Doctor about it.